For better or worse, this isn’t always an easy task. However there are a few simple steps you can take to heighten your chances of finding a trusted plumber that you know will get the job done right!
- Are they licensed and insured?
- This is a simple question that comes with a yes or no answer. If the answer is no, you’re risking your hard-earned money on a plumber that may be unqualified to complete the task at hand. Worse, an accident or mishap could occur and you may be liable for $1,000’s in damages caused to your home.
- Do they have positive reviews?
- Places like Google and Yelp provide a setting for unbiased customer reviews. These can be great places to vet local plumbers and determine who has most consistently delivered quality service.
- What do your neighbors, friends and family have to say?
- Word-of-mouth recommendations from those close to you can be invaluable. Ask around and you can generally determine which local plumber your town trusts.
Here’s a great link from This Old House if you want further information on this topic.